The arrival of winter requires a revisit of your beauty habits including use of creams, lip balm, moisturizers and your skincare routine. Here are some tips to maintain your skin health and your beauty during winter.
- Shorten your showers. Long, hot showers in the winter take away moisture from the skin. Try and use water at normal temperature.
- You may need to apply body moisturizers at least twice a day, after your shower and before going to bed.
- Apply lip balm or cocoa butter whenever you feel your lips are dry.
- Stay out of face washes that make your skin dry. Instead add lemon juice to your face washing water.
- Your hair gets drier during winter, so add a conditioner after washing.
- Those with dry skin need special care during winter. A mixture of lemon juice, glycerin and rose water can help your dry skin.
- Use a natural skin toner after any spa treatment at home.
- Winter weather known to enhance dark rings around eyes due to dryness. Use a cream based moisturizer made for treating the area around the eye.
- Keep in mind that maintaining good diet balanced with fruits and vegetables is needed to strengthen and tone your skin during the winter.